Friday, October 28, 2011

Remembering my Summer


I will always remember the Summer of 2011!  I was thrilled to have my Dad & Step Mom visit us in Alberta all the way from Newfoundland!  And the icing on the cake was having my sisters Diane & Wavey visit around the same time!  I know it may not seem like much, but due to age & health plus the long distance for travel I really didn't think that I would get to see my parents in my home.  Dad celebrated his 79th birthday here in Fort Mcmurray!!  And it was a true blessing.  There is no one person that I admire more than my Father.  He is & will always be my #1 hero.  Not because of any heroic act that the managed to do.  But for being the man that he chooses to be.  He is sweet and charming.  A true man of God.  I treasure every thing about him.  Anyway here are a few pictures of their visit.  We didn't do any great or exciting things, but we did the things that matter most.  We spent time together chatting and laughing about the past.  We went out for a nice dinner & celebrated.  We went to garage sales & thrift stores.  We cooked and Dad taught me how to make bread from scratch!  Those are the best memories ever...for me when I think of my childhood, I don't remember the places that we went but rather moments spent with family.  And I am sure 20 years from now if I am still alive I will remember this past Summer just as these pictures show.  A stroll on the boardwalk, having birthday cake and my husband cutting my Dads hair ( and me being so worried that he was shaving him clean! lol).  Looking forward to celebrating Dad's 80th birthday next August!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...